However, my rooster is mauve breasted, whereas other peoples' roosters are uniform in colour. Hmmm.....perhaps I may have unwittingly swapped shuttles at some point in the project. Ah, the non-conformist in me is coming out.
Hoorah! I remembered to scan the tatting at last. Doing the actual tatting is always the fun part. It's the follow up work that throws me, such as scanning the motif so that the picture can be posted to the blog.
The following two motifs, 'the square and diamond motifs', were from Jane Eborall's site - . Quite appropriately named really.
The pattern suggests making several of these motifs and then joining them together to create a larger product. I didn't do this because I'm still at the stage of tatting smaller objects so that I can see what different patterns look like when they are finished.
These two patterns look really sweet. I also did the triangular pattern from the series, but did not scan it. My completed triangle could definitely not be considered 'sweet'. Poor Jane might reconsider sharing her patterns if she saw how badly I botched it :(
Another addition to my flower collection! This pretty pink flower is based upon one from Ondori's Tatting lace book. It has been tatted in my new favourite thread...Altin Basak size 30.
The flower was made from a long (longish) strip of tatted lace that was then coiled around into a rozette. The book indicates that a bead is to be placed in the centre, but I prefer the mauve tatted alternative (not to mention the fact that I don't possess any suitable beads....)
The pattern was fun and easy to do, but it remained as a UFO until I could be bothered to coil it. It would still be a UFO if it was waiting for a centre bead!