About Me

My photo
Hi. I live in Canberra, Australia, and started tatting early in 2009. Consequently, I've now caught the 'tatting bug' and hope to be infected for a long while.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Prince the Parrot

What a joy this cheeky fellow was to tat. And such a perfect use of those left-over threads that we all find on our shuttles.

This little fellow took several months to tat, because he was my 'stand-in chap' for when I didn't have a larger project to work on. I guess he got worked on each time I needed to free a new shuttle up from left-over threads.

Prince Parrot was designed by Mary Parrott and was tatted in many shades of Altin Basak size 50.


7 comments:

  1. Prince DOES look cheeky! Thank you for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prince looks very handsome! You can see his personality well manners & all. Thanks for sharing your lovely pet with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tatted this little one up a couple of times. It is a great pattern. He looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cheeky parrot, I have started one but had to put it away as I didin't understand part of the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This pattern is the reason I've never tackled 'doing' a parrot. It's perfect as it is and I can't see that I could ever improve on it. Just love your colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute ! thanks for the link
    ancolie

    ReplyDelete

Followers