About Me

My photo
Hi. I live in Canberra, Australia, and started tatting early in 2009. Consequently, I've now caught the 'tatting bug' and hope to be infected for a long while.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Jacobean Flower Spray

This Jacobean Flower Spray was designed by Mark Myers.

The pattern mentioned using Oliver Twist Thread. In the absense of that thread, I decided to do the design twice for comparative purposes. The first one was tatted in size 80 DMC and the second one was in size 50 Altin Basak.

The size 50 thread was more enjoyable and seems to look nicer. Plus...it hides the threads better :)

The design specified that the flowers were to have the threads cut and tied at the end of each row. However, my lazy side kicked in a bit and I changed the flowers slightly so that I could complete each flower without stopping at each round.

I really like the way that Mark has designed the leaf part of it. It keeps its shape really well. And best of all - the large frond can be tatted in one go without having to cut and tie the ends! Very important to me :)


14 comments:

  1. What lovely flowers they look real nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love Jacobean designs. I'll have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the larger version too. Nice flow to the design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both versions. Such a pretty design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are beautiful.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mark is SO talented and creative, and this is certainly a fine representation of his design. Lovely colors and beautfully done! I'm amazed you had similar color threads in different brands. They both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. NICE JOB!!!! You are probably more comfortable with the size 50 and it does work out much better. I like how you slightly changed the working route. :) Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Update:
    Thank you Vanessa, for your comments on tat-ology. I got a chuckle right back.

    Because of this post I am now the proud owner of Mark's pattern - which is far more intimidating than mere beads! If I ever tat this more than once, I intend to add BEADS!
    Fox : ) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! These both look wonderful! You did a nice job. I like how the smaller one has dark pink in the flower, very nice look.

    ReplyDelete

Followers